Wednesday 2 July 2014

A Guide Makes Good Use of her Time

Once upon a time there were ten Guide laws, one of which was 'A Guide makes good use of her time (now ‘A Guide is helpful and uses her time and abilities wisely). Since my Guiding (and knitting friend) Smudgepuss and I have to get up at stupid o’clock this weekend for a Scout camp (preparation for the World Scout Jamboree in Japan - I’ve already been checked out yarn shops in Tokyo), she’s agreed to use the journey to teach me how to knit socks. 

 Of the stash of sock yarn, I’m taking this one, mostly because I like it least.



 (The mosaic yarn from the same company may well end up being used on wristwarmers instead). The Heart and Sole yarn has a pattern included on the yarn band, which I’ll tackle once I’m more au fait with reading sock patterns. The two basic patterns I’ve been sent by another Guiding/knitting friend are this one (cuff down) and this one (toe up). I’m somewhat scared off by tales of turning heels and cuff down patterns, but there’s only one way to find out if they’re true. 

More excitingly, My Sister's Knitter has a sock yarn knit along on Ravelry. Whilst you don’t have to knit socks, I’ve never done a knit along and this fits quite nicely. 

Will update on how we get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 2020

This blog seems somewhat neglected, but I promise I've not forgotten it.  Both life and knitting have happened, and plans are being made...