Sunday 1 May 2016

Work for the Workers


May 1st is traditionally Workers' Day; somehow it seems appropriate, given the amount of knitting I have on the list.  I'm still working on the Sick Day Pi Shawl.  It's now too big to take on the train as I only get two rows done per 40 minute journey.  The final section is a repeat of rows 14 - 19, which can be repeated up to fifteen times.  Now, as there's nearly 300 stitches per row, that's a lot to repeat.  I'm nearly at the end of the third repeat and was ready to finish it all off, before realising that I actually like knitting it, I still have yarn to use up and I've got a Skype call planned for Tuesday.  My friend M will have to share my time with the shawl.

Then there's the secret project A to be done for 13th May and two gifts I want to knit, the yarn for which I ordered yesterday.  Then there's the sweater I want to knit with the yarn I've bought recently-ish, plus another two sweaters which look amazing, but I don't have the yarn for.  That doesn't include the lace shawl that I'm halfway through, the project I finished a couple of weeks ago which needs weaving in and blocking, and the somewhat languishing socks in the WIP bin.  Or the red wrap which I've just remembered.

And, of course, after seeing my friend J's post I've cast on a Hitchhiker 

Hitchhiker by Martina Behm - Yarn: Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball

This afternoon I've spent some time in the garden, now we finally have some sun.  I started re-reading my MA dissertation earlier this week, and it wasn't quite as hideous as I remember it being.  So, today I spent some time out with my favourite purple pen, making notes for the next draft.  Of all my purple pens, I find it odd to have a favorite, but I do.



Yarn - Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball in the colourway Goldfish.  Something about being in the sun brought out the colours beautifully.



How did you spend May day? And was there knitting involved? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 2020

This blog seems somewhat neglected, but I promise I've not forgotten it.  Both life and knitting have happened, and plans are being made...